Undergraduate business majors are encouraged to apply for membership in Leadership Walton, a professional development program offering a unique blend of academic, leadership and career development opportunities.
The deadline to apply is July 31.
Students applying for Leadership Walton, including transfer students, must have a minimum of two academic years left to complete the program. All applications are considered and selections are based on the quality and thoughtfulness of each application.
The program fills the gap between academic pursuits and workforce preparation through an enhancement to standard educational experiences.
Some of the benefits of joining Leadership Walton include:
- Recognition at the Walton College commencement ceremony upon graduation
- Many opportunities to participate in exclusive networking events with corporate contacts
- A green sticker to wear at the fall and spring Business Career Fair, which makes Leadership Walton students easily identifiable to companies
- Participation in community service projects, such as the Scull Creek Trail Clean Up, alongside corporate representatives
- Resume optimization
- Special guest lectures
- Strengthened interview skills
- Certificate of completion
J.R. Hinkson, associate director for Undergraduate Programs, works closely with the Walton Career Services to coordinate Leadership Walton components. “For students looking to set themselves apart,” Hinkson said, “this program affords students an incredible opportunity: when you apply for a job, what is it that makes you stand out in a competitive applicant pool?”
Interested students can get more information and apply here.