Summer is here, and the OCS is already gearing up for programs next fall. Our team is putting together a new brochure that will provide information and tips about energy conservation, transportation alternatives, and what the OCS does.
My current research is focused on creating a list of actions that students can take daily to reduce their energy consumption. To begin, I’ve been looking at the information that other colleges and universities provide to their students about conservation. I’ve found some useful lists and programs put together by a number of schools, and I thought it would be nice to compile them.
Campus Energy Efficiency and Conservation Resources
- University of Colorado Boulder has some useful tips about greening your office.
- George Washington University has an extensive list of tips for on and off campus sustainable living.
- St. John’s College has tips for residents and links to their energy dashboard.
- Bowdoin College uses hand-drawn graphics to make their tips memorable.
- Wayne State College has a top-ten list of energy savers from their Facility Services.
- UC San Diego features a nice example of a simple list with eye catching illustrations.
- University of Pennsylvania’s Power Down Challenge features simple actions made into a uniform, well-designed campaign that supports a competition.
This is just a small sample of what campuses across the country are doing to provide energy conservation materials to their students. I’ll continue to blog about cool programs and resources as I come across them.
Do you have resources about conservation on college campuses that you’d like to share? Leave a comment for us.