To get started, you’ll need to perform the following simple steps:
- Create a UARK WordPress account.
- Create a unique name for your blog account. Once you are logged in to WordPress, click on Settings in the left panel. Type your blog’s unique name in the Site Title field, then save changes.
- Email OCS (email@example.com) the name and URL of blog.
- Start blogging! Any sustainability issue you find compelling is fair game: water, air, soil, food, energy, recycling, and the list goes on!
Other tips for getting off to a good start
- Fill out your “About” page
- Tell the world a little bit about yourself and your interests. Let us know why you’re blogging and why you’re passionate about sustainability.
- Put in some links to your favorite sustainability focused websites. This is another way to show us your interests.
If you’d like writing assistance or feedback, you can make appointments at the Quality Writing Center.
Guidelines for posts
- Posts should be no longer than 2,500
- All essays must be original and previously unpublished.
- Images are welcome, but must be either owned by the author or in the public domain.