Fayetteville Public Schools seeks a dynamic and outgoing individual interested in environmental education to assist with field trips at Kessler Mountain Nature Center and/or Lake Fayetteville Environmental Study Center. Preference will be given to University rising juniors and seniors.
Position Terms: Mid-Sept – early Dec. 2016; Feb 2017 – April 2017
Availability: Must be available Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday mornings from 8:30am – noon – preference for availability all 3 days a week but not required
- Shadow at least two trips for training before working with groups individually
- Lead third or fourth grade students on nature hikes (with school teacher present to assist with behavior)
- Facilitate pre-determined hands-on activities on the trail and in the nature center
- Communicate trip outcomes with FPS Environmental Education Specialist at the conclusion of each field trip
- Opportunities may also be available for developing additional curriculum and activities if desired.
- Experience working with students/children
- Interest in the outdoors and Arkansas forests
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Good communication skills
The Kessler Mountain Nature Center is located at 1725 Smokehouse Trail in Fayetteville; Lake Fayetteville Environmental Study Center is located at 599 E. Lakeview Rd. Interns are responsible for their own transportation to each site.
To apply, please send resume and availability to:
Dana Smith, FPS Environmental Education Specialist